12 HOUR VIGIL on 20th September 2008. Over 400 signatures collected.

12 HOUR VIGIL on 20th September 2008. Over 400 signatures collected.
photo copyright News Shopper.

Saturday 23 February 2008

John to stand in London Assembly elections as a candidate for Bexley & Bromley Constituency

I am pleased to announce today that I will be standing as a candidate in the forthcoming London Assembly elections to be held on 1st May. I will standing in the Bexley & Bromley constituency as a candidate for Independents to save Queen Mary's Hospital. Unfortunately our local politicians are are not doing anything like enough to stop our A & E from closing. Therefore, by standing, every vote that I receive will be a vote that sends a message to our local and national government that we demand a local hospital that offers ALL services. I read today that quangos - that's semi-public bodies with financial support from, and senior appointments made by, the government - now spend £123,000,000,000 of our - the taxpayers' - money a year! The interviewers and interviewees for these quangos are all part of the same cosy club with multiple "directorships" and big salaries to match. I want some of that money and I want it for our local hospital in order that it can continue to offer a full health service.

Nothing less will do.

No comments: